Every Friday my husband does roast, good in all family celebrations, birthdays, anniversaries, gatherings of friends, most … the cuts are varied and depend on what the best in the carnage, of course we all have our tastes and our favorite cuts. He takes it as a way to relax after a week of work, but when it comes to the points of the meat gets their hair. All the meat we eat differently, I like to point while my daughter very juicy, while my son cooked, etc. the trouble is that everyone interprets the word about a personal idea, no consensus, haha.
The grill at home this out, is material and has very good circulation, I like the roasted over a wood fire, but if we use coal and also very good sale.
Ingredients for Grilled:
- 1 rack of wide strips (can be thin strips)
- beef flank steak or pork open
- sausages and black pudding
How to Make Grilled step by step:
- Light the fire, with wood or coal, enough to do all the cooking when the coals have formed, do not smoke and have a dust or ash white or gray, and are ready to put under the meat spread. If the coals are moist meat in smoke and stay with smoky flavor, maybe that is the first requirement for a good steakhouse.
- You have to clean the grill grate before putting the meat, with a newspaper and dusts or residues asadosanteriores, is greased well with a piece of fat meat will be done.
- Each cut of meat has different cooking time. If it gets to the ribs bone side of the grill and will not return until near the end to brown and just need an hour or an hour and a half to get ready. Then put the vacuum, the bowels and matambre if any, thin cuts of the sides get thicker towards the coals.
- If kidneys are soaked in vinegar and washed thoroughly before putting on the grill, chitterlings also washed and soaked in vinegar (are roasted until they are crisp and brown).
- Vegetables, potatoes and sweet potatoes put directly on the coals, onion wrapped in foil before.
- Cooking the roast has to be slow and steady to ensure having enough fire for all cuts, roasted well to keep the juices and not burn the fibers, the grid gets more or less to 15 or 20 cm fire if there little ember and if we have enough fire grilled then put a 30 or 35 cm of them and roast will be done with time and the fire is spread much more evenly. It also protects us if fat falls and ignites the embers. The grill perfect for that not to happen is the tilt ruched where fat slips to fall into the gutter.
- Serve first the offal, kidneys, sausages and black pudding. After cuts with bone and finally the rest of the meat, served with grilled onions and a creole salad.
- For dessert at home and eat the sweet potatoes to the coals, cut in half with butter and salt and a teaspoon, delicious. And then enjoy and applause for the grill.